Tuesday, September 21, 2010

News from the West

Well we made it to CO safely and have been busy getting unpacked and taking care of my Dad. Over this last weekend he took a serious turn for the worse with his terminal agitation and pain, so he was admitted to the Hospice Care center in Boulder county. The first day here was touch and go and one nurse told us it could have been hours, but now that he has stabilized with his pain meds to make him comfortable, the prognosis is 1-2 days depending on how things go, but either way he will not be coming back home and this is the end of his journey with us. Now we are working on keeping him as comfortable as possible and just keep reassuring him we will be alright as will he.
In Frith and Kin,
The Quinces

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know we don't know each other, but I was just passing through while doing a bit of blog surfing and saw this post. I just wanted to say that I wish your father peace on his journey and I wish you and your family strength and solice in whatever spirit you follow.

I've been where you are now, and I have no profound wisdom to share, but this much I know.... Being there with him and for him in these next days, will bring you comfort in the days to come.

Peace and Blessings

Contributors