Monday, September 27, 2010

Hail to my Father

Yesterday morning, my Father passed away after kicking cancers ass for 7 long years. He was a role model that I shared more in common with than I admitted over the years. We had lots of great trips camping, biking, and even rock climbing. His kids and especially his grand-kids were his life and there nothing more magical than watching them all together whether it be reading, playing at the park, or him taking pictures of them doing things they loved. Our kids lived with him all their lives, but 4 years and we recently moved back to help take care of him, so his house where we live is now very empty and sad with all the pictures and books that he has collected over the years, but when I hear the kids playing and laughing I try and tell myself that he is here with us in spirit. He is at peace now with the Gods and his ancestors where he belongs. We will survive and strengthen as a family with old connections being retied once again due to his journey. We are still in the process of unpacking after our final move out here and on Saturday, I setup our altar and placed 2 pictures of my Dad on it, one with my family after a running event of mine and another of my parents and my wife's parents with our oldest son. Since my religion is about honoring our ancestors, perhaps my setting it up Saturday was due to some help from the Gods in preparation of his journey on Sunday. I want to thank my family, my sister, and my many friends for their support during this difficult time.
In Frith and Kin,
Devin

2 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

WheelDancer said...

I hope the joy of his memory soon overshadows the pain of his passing and it sounds like you are already on the way.

Peace

Contributors