Thursday, June 17, 2010

More stupid govt intervention

I am really frustrated at how people actually honestly believe that the gubernment is out to protect them. MN has had a rash of "raids" against folks who believe in freedom of choice in what they eat, but which is considered crime albeit a victimless one. Our local NPR station had this has the question of the day and while I will say the majority of comments were positive it is scary how much people are lemmings in their trust of the govt.

2 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

It is illegal to sell raw milk in Canada. To get around this people have set up cow shares in which you can purchase a share in a cow thus becoming an "owner" and receiving a portion of the milk.

I would much rather buy raw (natural!) milk. I don't understand can be illegal to sell a natural wholesome product, but it is okay to sell preservative and chemical laden 'foods' (and I use that term loosely).

MN_homesteader said...

I agree. The definition of safe is so contorted now it is scary.

Contributors