Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Assualted!

I was assaulted by the driver of RYR-950 who proceeded to buzz me with a foot of clearance on 8th st around Nicollet and then when I proceeded to inform you of the law you smacked my on the face and then took off. I did call the cops and demanded to file an assault report

My biggest possible let down of this whole deal is that the DA who according to the officer will more than likely blow it off since I admitted I approached the driver and he may claim he felt threatened by my 25 lb bicycle and wool tights while he was encased in his 2K lb steel shell.

I guess I should just roll over and accept my place as a second class road user

5 comments:

Bikejuju said...

Wow. So sorry to hear it. Glad you are ok. Hope you'll keep riding.

MN_homesteader said...

Bikejuju,
While this was quite scary, I have no plans to stop riding at all. That is what drivers want and they will not get that.
Devin

Anonymous said...

You continue to miss the point. Obviously the driver wasn’t threatened by your 25 lb bicycle and apparently was offended by you getting in his face and spouting the law. This is a complex world that we live in with lots of people that have their own issues. Frankly I’m surprised that it’s taken you this long for someone to take a swing at you. Spouting the law at people that make poor driving decisions does nothing to further your point and ends up making bikers look bad.

MN_homesteader said...

Anon,
I am confused how my getting attacked make bikers look bad? Also, FYI this person is being investigated by the city attorney, so maybe it is furthering my point.

Anonymous said...

My comment:
Spouting the law at people that make poor driving decisions does nothing to further your point and ends up making bikers look bad.
Your Comment:
I am confused how my getting attacked make bikers look bad?
He passed dangerously close and you got mad and got in his face. Then he hit you and left.
He is wrong; he broke the law and should be investigated.
Getting in people’s faces makes anyone look bad.

Contributors