Sunday, September 6, 2009

A new job

After over 5 months of being jobless I am scheduled to start a new job at a financial company on Tuesday. I will working through a local recruiting company for 3 months and then will be transferring to an employee if all goes well. This a job I have always wanted doing production system administration as a full-time job using the latest bleeding-edge technology. My good friend Paul works there and put in a great referral for me. It is around a 13-15 mile ride each way so I am hoping to start racking the miles up again.

I have removed the X from the Randonee and converted it back to a full-time regular commuting rig. I am researching front hub generator options since I will be moving to 2nd shift and traveling home at 10 pm in the dark.

4 comments:

lisazahnwrites said...

I have no idea what you're talking about as far as the job, but good luck! I'm so glad you're doing what you want to do.

MN_homesteader said...

Lisa,
I finally got the job I was waiting for at the music festival.
Thanks for the support,
Devin

WheelDancer said...

Congrats! I was a little better (worse?) than 9 months without a gig but have landed at a place that I feel more at home than I have felt for quite a while. For me the turn on is working to formalize data architecture and the processes around managing it without having to work directly with the technology. It's cool to have a gig that works!

AJK said...

Congrats!

Contributors