Saturday, April 25, 2009

First harvest of the year

The last few weeks we have been a bit worried about the Asparagus plants we planted last year. We bought the 2 year ones as to harvest this year and so far no spears until about a week ago. Tonight we had our first dinner with our own Asparagus and let me tell you there is nothing like home grown Asparagus!

We also started ripping out the driveway today with a friend's bobcat. I hope to have it all out tomorrow before the parade of coops starts at 2 PM. I will try and get some pics up soon.

2 comments:

Verde said...

Ohhh, we are keeping an eye out for wild asperagras here.

Carpe Diem Acreage said...

I love asperagas! I envy you your first harvest... I still have a foot of snow in my yard. We are so anxious for spring that Husband has already built the new greenhouse. Now we wait...

Contributors